Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wrong Number

Did you ever get a wrong number, or these days, wrong text message?  I just got one the other day that was so funny.  Someone texted me asking if I wanted to go riding again.  I didn't know what kind of riding they meant, horse, bike, ... I texted back and said, I'm sorry I don't know what you mean, riding, and who is this?  And they replied back and said it's me, we met on our Harleys the other day, you were with a mutual friend Jeremy, and he introduced us.

I simply replied and said, sorry you've got the wrong number.  But I was left with so many questions. Was this a man or a woman?  Was this person contacting me directly, leapfrogging Jeremy, because they/he/she was interested in me?  OK, not ME, but the me I was supposed to be from the ride.  Did he/she get the phone number on the ride, because I didn't remember giving them my number (OK, just kidding).  Or did Jeremy give the number and get it wrong?

I want to fill in the story.  It's kinda intriguing.  But never gonna get the story, because it was a wrong number.

Write out a conversation, whether it's text-messages, Tweets, a phone conversation, or emails, that is a wrong number.  Does it go too far?  How awkward does it get?  Do they parties realize they do actually know each other?  Do they end up being confrontational or maybe they connect in some way?

Come on, you know it'll be fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment